The old saying, “An apple a day can keep the doctor away,” may have truth behind it after all. Eating nourishing foods rich in certain vitamins can help your immune system fight off illness.
Feeding your body certain foods may help keep your immune system strong. If you're looking for ways to prevent winter colds, flu, and viruses, your first step should be a visit to your local grocery store. Plan your meals to include these 15 powerful immune system boosters.
- Citrus fruits
- Green tea
- Sunflower seeds
If you are unable to find these meals nearby, you must be aware of a few vitamins that Boost your immunity.
3 Vitamins That Are Best for Boosting Your Immunity
- Vitamin C is one of the biggest immune system boosters of all. In fact, a lack of vitamin C can even make you more prone to getting sick. Foods rich in vitamin C include oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, strawberries, bell peppers, spinach, kale, and broccoli. Daily intake of vitamin C is essential for good health because your body doesn’t produce or store it. The good news is that vitamin C is in so many foods that most people don’t need to take a vitamin C supplement unless a doctor advises it.
- Vitamin B6 is vital to supporting biochemical reactions in the immune system. Vitamin B6-rich foods include chicken, pork, poultry, such as chicken or turkey, bread, wholegrain cereals, such as oatmeal, and brown rice, eggs, vegetables, soya beans, peanuts, milk, potatoes, some fortified breakfast cereals, and cold-water fish such as salmon and tuna. Vitamin B6 also is found in green vegetables and in chickpeas, which is the main ingredient in hummus.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps the body fight off infection. Foods rich in vitamin E include nuts, seeds, and spinach.
The symptoms of a weak immune system can include the following:
- autoimmune disorders.
- inflammation of the internal organs.
- blood disorders or abnormalities, such as anemia.
- digestive issues, including loss of appetite, diarrhea, and abdominal cramping.
Tests used to diagnose an immune disorder include:
Blood tests can determine if you have normal levels of infection-fighting proteins (Immunoglobulin) in your blood and measure the levels of blood cells and immune system cells. Abnormal numbers of certain cells can indicate an immune system defect.
Things to avoids that helps to boost your Immunity
- Don't smoke.
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.
- Try to minimize stress.
You can overcome this immune disorder by maintaining some Healthy day to day Practice.
Regular exercise - daily physical exercise is good enough. The movement does not have to be very hard - or all the even strenuous qualifications qualify for exercise and get the benefits of your body. Or even go for thirty minutes every day in your immune system. People who do not exercise are sick, not who are more sensitive to do.
Ensure plenty of sleep - every night, you should get one night seven to nine hours of sleep. Not having enough sleep can throw away your body off, resulting in increased inflammation and spread of germs. When looking for a disease-resistant sleep will be your best friend. Please read our best food list to eat to promote sleep.
Drinking less alcohol and avoiding tobacco smoke - excessive drinking weakens the immune system and increases the risk of lung infections. Smoking also increases your vulnerability to lung infections, as well as the risk of bronchitis and pneumonia for yourself and those affected by secondhand smoke.
Eat more fruits and vegetables - when eating fruits and vegetables, always looking for varieties; you want to have brightly colored foods. Citrus fruits are number one when it comes to boosting your immune system because they pack a ton of vitamin C in them. Some green leafy vegetables contain strong amounts of vitamin C, such as kale and spinach.
Getting fresh air and sunlight - the sun triggers the skin to produce vitamin D-related ingredients with low levels of vitamin D and an increased risk of respiratory diseases, so getting your daily dose of sunshine is very important. Please be sure to put on sunscreen!
Managing Stress - Pressure Drain your mind and body and can change your mood. Opening your own pressure also opens your body to get sick. Once sick, then you will be more tired, and stressed that it is therefore important to take measures to prevent their own illness. You can simply manage your stress by simply slowing down. If you have a high-demand, a high-paced lifestyle that can take some time to relax, even if it means you instead of yoga exercise, harsh music to your neighbor's inconvenience, or go to the surrounding town unconscious drive.
Keeping the surface clean - contact with contaminated objects is one of the main causes of contraction in the disease. The whole day you touch so many things that others may have already touched - door handles, stair handrails, home appliances, cell phones - and then you can not imagine even realizing it: touch your face (or worse, mouth!). This contact makes your body vulnerable to potentially harmful bacteria and viruses. In your home must keep the surface clean with detergent, especially a kind of tea tree oil, because it is a natural preservative.
Using Garlic - Garlic is added in its original form and is known to improve your immune system. You want to keep it as raw as possible to receive as many health benefits as you can because the heat can boil off some of the vitamins you want to get. A study of its clove has shown help to fight colds.
Drinking Green Tea - Green Tea has done a lot about the mind and body. Antioxidants in green tea are usually beneficial in boosting the immune system. It protects against free radicals and keeps the immune system functioning. To learn more about the healing effects of green tea, please drink green tea for our top ten health benefits.
Avoid processed foods - you should avoid adding sugar, gluten and processed foods, as all of which will greatly reduce your immune function. Many processed foods can provide energy and nutrients, but ultimately lead to negative effects on the whole.
Try our best Immunity booster product range online.